Quality and profitability of injection molding operations can be considerably influenced by the hot runner system. The many variations and design principles of hot runners are material-dependent and therefore not universally applicable. Knowing about and recognizing these limitations will make or brake a molder's success.
This book provides a comprehensive overview of the state-of-the-art in hot runner technology, advantageous design principles, and applications. The user will find the necessary basics as well as many proven designs and application examples.
- Basic Aspects of Heat Technology
- Introduction of Hot Runner Components
- Heating of Hot Runner Manifold Blocks
- Heating of Hot Runner Nozzles
- Temperature Measuring and -Controlling
- Material Behaviour under Mechanical Stress
- Corrosion and Wear
- Screw Connections and Material Selection for High Temperatures
- Basic Aspects of Plastics Technology
- Maintenance and Storage of Hot Runner Molds
- Design of Special Hot Runner Systems and Hot Runner Molds
- Supplier of Hot Runner Systems