Extrusion of Polymers
Theory & Practice
3. Auflage. Erscheint 10/2019
512 Seiten. Fester Einband
In full color
Buch: € 149,99
Extra: E-Book inside Buch vorbestellen ISBN: 978-1-56990-609-5
Erscheint auch als E-Book ISBN: 978-1-56990-738-2
The author presents single-screw extrusion technology together with the relevant polymer fundamentals, with an emphasis on screw design. The presentation begins on a physical level, providing an in-depth conceptual understanding, followed by an analytical level with mathematical models. Practical applications of the mathematical models are illustrated by numerous examples. A brief description of twin-screw extrusion technology is also presented.
New in the third edition: a novel patented barrier screw design that eliminates shortcomings of all previous barrier screw designs, more descriptive specific screw design guidelines, a scientifically designed pineapple mixing section, and general improvements and corrections.
• Physical Description of Single-Screw Extrusion
• Fundamentals of Polymers and Melt Rheology
• Theories of Single-Screw Extrusion and Scale-Up
• Screw Design and High Performance Screws
• Gear Pumps, Static Mixers, and Dynamic Mixers
• Die Design
• Viscoelastic Effects in Melt Flow
• Special Single-Screw Extruder with Channeled Barrel
• Physical Description of Twin-Screw Extruders
Chan I. Chung is Professor Emeritus at the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI), Troy, NY, where he has worked since 1973. He previously worked in industry for companies including Lucky Chemical (now LG) in Korea, Celanese Plastics, Waldron Hartig (both full-time and part-time), and Esso Research & Engineering (now Exxon) in the USA.
Empfehlungen der Redaktion:
Discontinuous long fiber-reinforced polymer structures with local continuous fiber reinforcements represent an important class of lightweight ... Mehr