This guide to plant design and machinery construction and operation is written by one of the pioneers in the field. It offers a comprehensive overview on processes, machines, and plant layouts for the production of synthetic (man-made) fibers from an engineering point of view. Detailed technical drawings, plus numerous formula and diagrams, illustrate the entire fiber-technical knowledge for the design of various production steps, from raw materials through polymerization, and spinning to textured and technical fabrics.
This unique handbook is a treasury of knowledge for the expert, an indispensable adviser in solving day-to-day problems, and a must on the shelf for every library.
- Polymer Specific Processes
- Theoretical and Experimental Principles
- Plants, Equipment, and Machines
- Special Processes and Plants
- Auxiliary Plants and Equipment
- Auxiliary Devices, Calculations, and Constructions
- Waste Processing and Recovery
- Textile Testing and Properties of Synthetic Fibers
- Conversion Factors and Fiber Related Tables
Pressestimmen"After more than 7 years of intensive work the author presents a reference book which is the only one of its kind - truly a 'Fiber Bible' - which should have its place on the desk of every synthetic fiber expert and will undoubtedly be an indispensable adviser for the every-day practice." (Chemical Fibers International)
Empfehlungen der Redaktion:
"Die Design for Extrusion of Plastic Tubes and Pipes" covers this topic from a uniquely practical perspective. The content draws on the author's ... Mehr