This book provides a necessary bridge between the values of engineering end-use parameters of polyethylene resins and their scientific molecular and structural characteristics. The main goal is to translate such common parameters, such as the melt index of a resin or the dart impact strength of a film sample, into the universal language of polymer science. After this translation is completed, many facets of the resin properties become transparent and easily explainable.
• Educational Minimum: Manufacture, Structure, and Mechanical Properties of Polyethylene Resins
• Melt Index and Melt Flow Ratio of Polyethylene Resin
• Melting Point of Polyethylene Resin
• Crystallinity Degree and Density of Polyethylene Resins
• End-Use Mechanical Properties of Polyethylene Film
• End-Use Testing of High Molecular Weight HDPE and MDPE Resins
Yury V. Kissin is Visiting Scientist at the Department of Chemistry, Rutgers University. He was also a consultant/contractor at Engelhard Corporation/BASF Chemical Company, and earlier a Research Associate at Mobil Chemical Company in Edison. He is author of four books in the area of polyolefins, as well as 20 articles in chemical/polymer encyclopedias, 240 scientific articles, and 43 patents. He holds a Ph.D. from the Semenov Institute of Chemical Physics, Russian Academy of Science, Moscow.
Empfehlungen der Redaktion:
"Die Design for Extrusion of Plastic Tubes and Pipes" covers this topic from a uniquely practical perspective. The content draws on the author's ... Mehr