Prepreg materials are pre-impregnated fibers for the manufacture of composite components, and are widely applied in the wind energy and aerospace industries. The properties of these semi-finished products, the type of processing, and the component design collectively play an important role in the quality and suitability for mass production of a fiber composite component. The book provides a holistic approach, showing the influence and mutual interaction of the parameters involved in the production of fiber composite components.
- Current state of prepreg technology, generation, and development as well as their variations and trends
- Fundamentals of prepreg preparation and starting materials
- Processing technology and automation
- Interactions between construction/design and material and between tooling material and composite components/design
- Testing of prepreg semi-finished products and components; typical error patterns
Dr.-Ing. Hauke Lengsfeld is Technical Support Manager at Hexcel Composite GmbH, Germany.
Dr.-Ing. Felipe Wolff-Fabris is Director of the European Center for Dispersion Technology at the German Plastics Center (SKZ).
Dipl.-Phys. Johannes Krämer is a researcher at BASF SE, Germany.
Dr.-Ing. Javier Lacalle is Project Manager and Technical Advisor at M.Torres Deutschland GmbH, Germany.
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Volker Altstädt is Director of the the Polymer Engineering Department at the University of Bayreuth, Germany.